Zoe Dent is the founder of Find Your Glow, a nutritionist based in Sydney. Zoe practices a holistic approach to health and well being. Passionate about wellness education, Zoe will provide the tools to enable you to take control of your health and find your own ‘inner glow’. This month Zoe shares a soul-soothing soup recipe, perfect to warm up this winter.
FIND YOUR GLOW – ROAST CAULIFLOWER AND LEEK SOUP
Zoe Dent is the founder of Find Your Glow, a nutritionist based in Sydney. Zoe practices a holistic approach to health and well-being. Passionate about wellness education, Zoe will provide the tools to enable you to take control of your health and find your own ‘inner glow’.
- 1-2 tablespoons ghee/butter/extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 leek, white and light green part only, cut in half lengthwise, cleaned thoroughly and sliced or chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (to taste, optional)
- 1 whole cauliflower head
- 3 zucchinis
- About 3-4 cups stock* or as needed
- Freshly ground salt and pepper to taste
*Having homemade stock on hand is the key to this recipe being so easy and delicious. See my recipe here– batch cook and keep in the freezer.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Chop up cauliflower into florets and add to roasting tray along with sliced zucchini. Don’t discard stalk or leaves, they can be added as well!
- Season with olive oil, sprinkle with seasoning and roast for approx. 40 mins, or until they start to brown.
- Meanwhile sauté onions, garlic and leeks in ghee/butter in large stock pan until they start to caramelise.
- Add roasted cauliflower and zucchinis, gently warm then blend, adding stock and seasoning to taste.
- Serve topped with chopped herbs, chilli, nut and seeds, depending on taste preference.
Find Your Glow